Saturday, April 07, 2012

New pieces

My husband liked the gold/white doily so much I had made a while ago and since that one went to a friend, he wanted me to make another one to keep.  This is such a pretty pattern that would lend itself well to colors; made with #10 thread it measures 18 1/2 inches across.  I'm seeing red/white/blue in one in the future.


This doily comes from a foreign magazine called Dekoratives Hakeln, the issue #72 and measures 17 inches across with #10 thread.  It seems a little full on the outer edges and is trying to buckle.  May need another stretching to smooth it out more.


 I just love the pineapples ...  they look as though they are in bloom.


The final piece is oblong and a pattern that I found on Picasa.  Sorry, but I didn't mark the location where it was found.  Made with #10 thread it measures 15 inches x 25 inches.  This pattern would work well in multi colors also.




Happy EASTER to everyone!

9 comments:

Toni said...

There you go again Linda!!! Can't stop drooling over your doilies. They are all beautiful. Wish I could make doilies as beautiful as yours. By the way, do you remember about the green pineapple doily that ruffled a lot and which I eventually unraveled? I really wanted to do that again since I love that design so much. Hope you can help me by sharing how you did yours, and what thread/hook did you use. Would really appreciate it my friend. Here's the link to that post:

http://toni-favoritethings.blogspot.com/2011/09/im-still-alive.html

Take care!

Hugs,
Toni

Kasiulka73 said...

Piękne !!!

Życzę zdrowych wesołych Świąt Wielkanocnych ! Wesołego Alleluja !!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My! Such elegance! Happy Easter to you too!

Anna said...

Gorgeous ! All of them...your husband has good taste...
Hug
Anna

Chain Stitch Crochet said...

Beautiful! You may want to test the color fastness of the red before you crochet. I've gotten red before that bled when washed. I can't remember what brand it was now, could have been Lydia's.

LindaCrochets said...

Hooking it....I do test my reds and set the color if necessary with vinegar/salt/water making sure there's no more bleeding before I use them. Thanks

LindaCrochets said...

Toni: I made this doily back about 2003-2007 if I remember correctly. I looked at my pattern and had a note for a #10 hook on it. That's a smaller hook than the pattern calls for. Have you tried a small hook? Linda

Faith said...

Linda, you do beautiful work. There is something about the thread and hook isn't there. I must get back to it..Thank you for stopping over at my place, I hope you come back agian.

Nunzia Gregorio said...

Complimenti per i tuoi lavori!